Awards & Reviews
Midge Gourlay's work has been featured in a number of articles, books and reviews. Below are just a few.
- To Boldly Sew: Textiles for 21st Century CD ROM. Available in all Scottish Schools and Colleges.
- Article in World of Embroidery, May 2000.
- Article in World of Embroidery, November 2000.
- Featured in the article Art and Artists in Argyll and Bute by Marshall Anderson, Art Review, September 1999.
- Work featured on STV’s The Home Show, 1999, 2000, 2001.
- Exhibition review in World of Embroidery, September 1999.
- Exhibition review in World of Embroidery, May 1999.
- Work illustrated in Design in Embroidery, by Kathleen Whyte. Published by Batsford, 1983.
- Work illustrated in Three Dimentional Embroidery, by Hannah Frew Paterson. Published by Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1975.
- Design Commendation, CND Competition to Design the Peace Embroidery.
Midge Gourlay being presented to HRH Princess Ann at Hamilton Old Parish Church (Feb 2009), where her commission was on display
Pulpit commissioned by Hamilton Old Parish Church